BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, March 17, 2008

NSW Public Library - Week 4

I have created a Bloglines account and added a number of feeds. There is a enormous amount of feeds available for every subject you can think of. I like that RSS makes it so easy to gather these sites together in an easily accessible format. I have made my bloglines public and included a link showing all of the sites that I selected http://www.bloglines.com/public/marianb. I think that this will be useful at work by providing a single access point from which information from many sources can be obtained quickly and easily.
Libraries can take advantage of this technology by providing a feed from their website, this will keep patrons up to date with what is going on in the different areas of the library. Libraries can also provide access to relevant feeds on their website to give up to date information on a particular topic or subject.
There were a number of different library related feeds, some of which I subscribed to and have found quite useful and informative.

1 comments:

pls@slnsw said...

Thanks for your thoughts on RSS feeds. Hope you continue to enjoy the program.
Kathleen A