BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, March 31, 2008

NSW Public Library - Week 7a

Del.icio.us - I created my account a little while ago and have been adding links ever since, in a library environment I can see this as being incredibly useful as it allows favourite/useful pages to be tagged and accessed from any computer.
No longer will staff access the favourites on a computer only to find that the sites they want have not been added. They will just access del.icio.us from any computer and all the sites will be there.

I think in the future research assistants will be able to make use of tools like del.icio.us and tags clouds to gather together sources without spending hours trolling the internet. Searching and locating information will be faster and research assistants with superior search skills will have more resources than they know what to do with.

This is a link to my delicious which I keep adding to, but finding the time to get back to the tagged pages is proving a little difficult. But at least I know they are there when I have time.

0 comments: