BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, March 31, 2008

NSW Public Library - Week 7c

I had already created a LibraryThing account, so I want adventuring and created a Shelfari account and added some books.
I read alot of sci/fi and fantasy and I found that Library Thing listed some of the authors and titles that I own, but Shelfari didn't.
However, I prefer the way that Shelfari displays the books on your shelf, it looks more appealing and more "library oriented".
I also like the way you can add Shelfari to your blog as a widget, that is so cool!

I think both tools are a great idea and I think it is entirely up to personal preference and the books that one read/owns as to which tool will suit people working in the library industry.

1 comments:

CatyJ said...

Thankyou Marian, I agree. I much prefer Shelfari to LibraryThing too. You're right, I think it's about the display aspect. It's frustrating not being able to find some of the titles, especially when there's no apparent facility to add them yourself. The other frustration is the lack of alternative covers sometimes too (I seem to end up with a lot of generic blue covers).
CJ